newbie help.....again

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Fri Jan 28 21:17:43 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 12:59 -0800, Charles Malespin wrote:
> I have been trying to get XP and FC2 to run a dual boot.  I have read
> up and seen all the problems and solutions to the bug caused by using
> XP, and I THINK I may have got it figured out.  Now my only problem is
> to partition my hard drive.  I downloaded knoppix and made a boot CD,
> but when I try to boot from it all it says is "missing OS".

That's the exact same problem you had with trying to boot from the
Rescue CD. You are doing something wrong when you are burning the disc.
Could you explain to us in detail what you did? (i.e. what did you
download? how did you burn what you downloaded onto the CD?)

> I dont know what I did wrong to get that.  I thought that I could just
> run it off the CD without needing linux on my computer.

Yes, that is exactly how Knoppix is supposed to work.

Best, Darren