Installing fedora at school

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Fri Jan 28 21:44:37 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 08:50 -0700, James Mckenzie wrote:
> [...]

James,
I find it stable enough that I use it in production and as a former
instructor in Linux I would also use it for education.

The fact that it is "bleeding edge" does not preclude it being stable
and usable.

In general, an educational or production environment demands stability
and consistency,so the choice of packages needs to be based on the use.
Updates should be consistent as well.

I would say go for it, with the reminder that planning is required.  A
single image of the install should be used so a stable and easily
recoverable configuration is available.  Tripwire or something
equivalent should be used. to monitor for unwanted changes and make it
easy to restore if changes are made, but it certainly is viable for
education.

Jeff