Time for the swtich has come.

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 28 22:40:58 UTC 2005

Scot L. Harris wrote:
> There are some that have activeX controls that apparently won't work
> with anything but IE.  Even if you spoofed the browser type those sites
> would not work.

ActiveX controls are a major security hazard anyway. The security model
is simply "they're signed, so if they do anything bad you can identify
who was responsible".

I *hope* you can't get those things to work on any sane browser. Last I
checked, even Internet Explorer disables them if you set it to "High
security".

James.

--
James Wilkinson       | It would save me a lot of time if you just gave up
Exeter    Devon    UK | and went mad now.