GPG KEY

cfk cfk at pacbell.net
Fri Jan 28 23:39:25 UTC 2005

On Friday 28 January 2005 14:42, Dave Jones wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 02:33:00PM -0800, cfk wrote:
>  > Gentlemen:
>  >
>  >  One one of my computers, I am thwarted in running "yum upgrade" as a
>  > package "gthumb" wants a GPG KEY I do not have.
>  >
>  >  In searching archives, I find two different methods to get such a key
>  > and one source says try "rpm --import/usr/share/rhn/RPM-GPG-KEY which
>  > doesnt work.
>
> Add a space between --import and /usr/share...
>
>   Dave

Dear Dave:

 Thank you very much for the tip. The invocation "rpm
--import /usr/share/rhn/RPM-GPG-KEY" completes with no errors now. Even
better, the "yum upgrade" got past the original problem once I did a "yum
clean" followed by the original "yum upgrade".

 I was mistakenly (sic) thinking there was no space and taking the original
hint at face value.

Charles