how to convert Fedora core 3 dvd to cds ??

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 04:45:01 UTC 2005

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 20:17:48 -0800 (PST), Alekh Jain
<jain_alekh at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I got fedora core 3 installation files on a dvd with linux for you magazine
> in my college.
>
> I want to burn cds so that I can install it on my pc and I don't have a dvd
> rom
>
> Please tell me gow to convert this dvd to cds?

Unless the DVD contains .iso files you will have a very difficult time
trying to convert the DVD to CD.  If you have a CDROM R/W drive go to
http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors.html , find a site that is
geographically close to you, and download the 4 FC3 .iso image files.
Use a program such as Nero or Roxio to burn an "image" to CD.  If you
not have a CD R/W drive get a friend to burn the CDs for you.

Good luck!