What is 'Red Hat nash' in the boot sequence ???

C. Linus Hicks lhicks at nc.rr.com
Sat Jan 29 20:53:58 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-29 at 13:34 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 29, 2005 at 12:27:21PM -0600, Gustavo Seabra wrote:
> > >It's really not doing much. But if you want to see what's going on, edit
> > >your /etc/grub.conf and remove the keyword "quiet" from your kernel boot
> > >parameters.
> > Thanks. I just like to get feedback.
>
> Yeah. I wish it at least had a spinner.

You inspired me to unpack the src RPM and take a look, thanks for that.
When I cd'ed into the nash directory, I noticed a file mount_by_label.c
which finally answers the question for me exactly where that support
comes from. I had been thinking it was built into a kernel module, now I
know it's built into nash.

About the spinner, the beauty of open source is that you could add that
feature to it if you wanted. Getting Red Hat to take it on might be a
different story, however.

--
C. Linus Hicks <lhicks at nc dot rr dot com>