Enable Firewall, But Allow Specific Inbound Connections

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Sun Jan 30 01:32:35 UTC 2005

On Fedora Core 3, I want to enable the firewall, permitting inbound TCP
connections from anywhere on port 80. I also want to allow inbound
connections on port 3306 but only from hosts 192.168.1.1 and  192.168.1.2.

It looks like I can't do this from the Applications --> System Settings
--> Security Level GUI. I can allow ports 80 and 3306, but it doesn't
look like I can limit the port 3306 connections to just 2 specific
hosts. I would have to craft an IPTABLES script. Am I right here, and if
so, what would be the right way to add specific IPTABLES rules without
interfering with the Security Level applet?

Thanks

Bob Cochran
Greenbelt, Maryland, USA