Getting apt-get to work with FC3

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Jan 30 03:31:22 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-29 at 19:42 -0800, Shane Archer wrote:
> At 03:27 PM 1/29/2005, you wrote:
> >so what do you have in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mirror-select.list?
>
> The file does not currently exist. Is that something I am supposed to
> config myself? I was under the impression that it got written. (I have only
> ever set up apt once before, and it was a long, long time ago...)
----
don't know where you got that 'apt' from but it should have included it.

you might consider rpm -e apt and getting a new version - preferably
from one of the repositories that you are interested in integrating into
your setup but generally, the answer to your question can be had here
from Dag's apt info...

http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/FAQ.php#B2

Craig