I'm ready to install Fc3, pls advice me

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Sun Jan 30 12:26:15 UTC 2005

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005, Kumara wrote:

> Greetings to list!

> I'm very new to Linux. but read out a one bible book of FC3 (FC3
> Unleashed). upon this i'm going to install a FC3 Server.

um ... you're very new to linux, you've read one book, and you want to
install a *server*???  oh, geez ...

> I have got FC3 CD's in my hand and my requirements are
> 1. GUI for most of the things.
> 2. Need command prompt also
>
> I hope as much as advices from you.
> please it is in need

i'm going to get myself in trouble yet again but, really, i don't
think you're properly prepared for setting up a server, *particularly*
since you sound desperate by writing, "please it is in need".
desperation is not a good motivator for getting things done properly
and securely.

your best advice is to look for a local linux user group and ask for
help.  if this is for an actual company server, you are *absolutely*
not ready to do that.  pay someone to get it done right, or you're
just asking for trouble.

rday

p.s.  let the flames begin about what kind of patronizing,
condescending elitist i am.  hey, i've been thrown out of better
drinking establishments than this. :-)