Triple boot FC3 intallation question

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Sun Jan 30 13:33:58 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-29 at 11:16 +0800, Ciba LO wrote:
> I have Windows98-version MSDOS installed in (hd1,0).  That is not a second
> Windows.  I would like to boot into MSDOS for ghost backup.  So, first I
> create a primary FAT partition, then transfer the MSDOS system (sys d:) and
> copy the dos commands from Windows98 boot diskette.

I don't really know what to do in your situation. Do you have access to
a copy of Windows NT, Windows 2000 or Windows XP? These OSes include a
bootloader that can present a menu of OSes to boot from, and can be used
to multi-boot MS-DOS, Win9x, WinNT/2000/XP and even Linux from a single
hard disk, using the technique shown at
http://www.winimage.com/bootpart.htm

Paul.
--