Broadband???

Robert Storey y2kbug at ms25.hinet.net
Mon Jan 31 06:09:23 UTC 2005

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:17:27 -0500
David Curry <dsccable at comcast.net> wrote:

> Sam Varshavchik wrote:
>
> > Markus Huber writes:

> >connection>> using GNOME ( Fedora Core 3 ) because i can't seem to
> >get it to work>> by just configuring it with GNOME's built-in
> >internet connection>> wizard.... btw i'm a newbie with Linux/Fedora.
> >Thanks a milion.>
> >>
> >> DSL? Cable?
> >

> > Why should it matter, if you have a real Internet provider?

Well, it would certainly matter if he is using pppoe (as opposed to
having a static address). Seng, we need more info - is your setup with a
static address, or is it pppoe? Or for that matter, is it wireless (in
which case wep or wpa comes into play). There's more than one kind of
broadband - we need to know these little details before we can help.

cheers,
Robert