unsuscribe

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 31 15:05:44 UTC 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: "Scot L. Harris" <webid at cfl.rr.com>
Sent: Jan 31, 2005 7:44 AM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Subject: Re: unsuscribe

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 06:59, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Duncan Lithgow wrote:
>
> > Instructions on unsubscribing are at the end of each email - thanks
>
> here's a humbly-tendered suggestion that would reduce the irrelevant
> postings to red hat lists, and save everyone a lot of grief from the
> periodic flame wars.

Scot:

Nice suggestions, however it will be very hard to enforce them and add load onto the mail server.  I think there are better methods and one of the best is education.

I've started an effort to try and get the list rules on the Fedora List site as mandatory reading when you sign up and as a part of the welcome message after you sign up as you can sign up with a 'subscribe' message.  Also, I would like to post the 'list rulez' about once per week.  I belong to several lists and that is just about the frequency of list rules postings.  Also, this was the norm for lists on USENET and other mail distribution systems.

Also, I send my 'you top posted' and 'you posted in HTML' directly to the sender, thus keeping down the noise on the list.  I would request that others do so likewise.

--
James McKenzie

James McKenzie
A Proud User of Linux!