unsuscribe

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 31 15:18:16 UTC 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday at mindspring.com>
Sent: Jan 31, 2005 4:59 AM
To: duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk,
	For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Subject: Re: unsuscribe

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Duncan Lithgow wrote:

> Instructions on unsubscribing are at the end of each email - thanks

>here's a humbly-tendered suggestion that would reduce the irrelevant
>postings to red hat lists, and save everyone a lot of grief from the
>periodic flame wars.
>
>wouldn't it be just ducky if red hat were to put some front-end
>processing on their end to catch stuff like "unsubscribe" or
>"unsuscribe" subject lines, and simply auto-respond with a message to
>the effect that, "you are clearly trying to unsubscribe.  here's how
>to do it...".  so we don't have to see stuff like this anymore.

I think a better suggestion would be to post mail rules including how to unsubscribe, to search before posting a question, using subjects, posting in plain text vice HTML, and other irritations.  I have voluteered to start a effort to do this.  I would like RH to do this when a person subscribes and then to post the 'rulez' once a week in the list.

Also, I kindly suggest that we respond to these folks, off-line to keep the amount of traffic down in the list.

--
James McKenzie

James McKenzie
A Proud User of Linux!