cyrus-imapd

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Jan 31 17:04:49 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 08:22 +0100, Roger Grosswiler wrote:
> Craig White schrieb:
> [snip]
> > # rpm -ivh *
> > error: Failed dependencies:
> >         cyrus-imapd conflicts with imap-2002d-9
> >
> [/snip]
> i run cyrus and dovecot (a kind of imapd) on the same machine for
> testing, it's no problem. Try to connect cyrus to another port than 143,
> so it should work at the same time (no experience, but i would be
> interested also...)
----
no - I chickened out and removed uw-imap first and then installed cyrus
rpms

I got all of the mailboxes/folders converted - whew!

Man is it ever fast. Using with Evolution 2.0.2 (FC-3) - there are no
lags anywhere, changing folders or anything.

Sieve is a new learning curve - finally gave up trying to run conversion
utility from procmail to sieve and just created sieve file.

Craig