How can i find out, what files a RPM is provding?

Paul Almquist paul at almquist.name
Mon Jan 31 17:09:54 UTC 2005

On Monday 31 January 2005 10:03, James Mckenzie wrote:
> [...]

if you want rpm to query on an rpm package file instead of querying the rpm
data base, whether or not the rpm is installed, add the -p option to your
query, e.g.:

rpm -qpi  package-file-name  (descriptive info)
or
rpm -qpl  package-file-name (full path names of files in package)
or
rpm -qplv  package-file-name (ls -l like listing of files in package)

paul

--
Paul Almquist
paul at almquist.name