Startup Scrpts

paul lawrence paul.lawrence at canbet.co.uk
Mon Jan 31 17:24:12 UTC 2005

Hi,
I am new to the world of linux, for my sins I have been entirely a Microsoft
person; untill now,  and I need some advice on how to do something.

I have a server running Fedora Core 3, with Resin.

I want to be able to create a startup script that will set some environment
variables for Java, start up Resin and the call two custom scripts I have
been given.  I have been playing around with a file called resin-a.sh which
a web site suggested creating to run the commands I want.

>From a promt, if I type the following the variables are set OK, but if I
include them in the resin-a.sh file and type sh resin-a.sh  they are not
set.

export set JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_06
export set RESIN_HOME=/usr/local/resin
export set PATH=$PATH:/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_06/bin

I also want to somehow include in this script a startup command for httpd.sh
to start the resin web server and also to call to other scripts.

Any help would be much appreciated, as I said I am completely new to this
and its a little confusing.
Regards
Paul