Linux Source Code? Where?

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Mon Jan 31 19:33:46 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 19:20 +0000, Thomas Riggs wrote:
> I'm using wlan to get my WiFi adapter working, but I need the kernel
> source code. I have tried 2.6.9 and 2.6.10 but I just get the same
> error:
>
> Linux source tree /usr/src/linux-2.6.9/ is incomplete or missing.
>
> The kernel header files are present, but not the source code.
>
> (Rough quotation)
>
> What is the Linux version with FC3, and where could I download the
> source from?

You might not actually need the source code at all. Most properly-
written drivers can be built on FC3 using the build data supplied with
the kernel RPM at: /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build

Otherwise you can follow the guide in the release notes (open
file:///usr/share/doc/fedora-release-3/RELEASE-NOTES-x86-en.html and
search for "kernel source code"). You can find the version of the kernel
you are running using the command "uname -r".

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>