selinux and apache modules linked against libs in non-standard places

Aleksandar Milivojevic amilivojevic at pbl.ca
Mon Jan 31 21:58:40 UTC 2005

Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> Does
> restorecon -R -v /opt
>
> Fix the problem?

No not really.  Actually, I found out in the meantime that the problem
was with security policy for /opt based libraries being kind of
inconsistent.  For libraries whose names are libxxx.so, they can be
anywhere inside /opt.  Libraries whose names are like libxxx.so.1.2.3.4,
they must reside in /opt/one-dir-level-only/lib.  If there's second
level of directories, they don't get marked as shared libraries.  I've
filled bug report about this.