changing voice with festival

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Sun Jul 3 03:17:55 UTC 2005

On Sat, Jul 02, 2005 at 05:09:21PM -0700, Globe Trotter wrote:
> Yep! And I am doing that right now...as I read this e-mail. Btw, and this
> is alsodirected to Matthew, what is the multisyn package? Is that a good
> thing to have?

It's a new synthesis engine. I assume the newness and the huge size means
that they sound really good, but honestly, they didn't strike me as all that
amazing compared to the HTS voices. Again, I'm not even close to being an
expert in this field. In fact, I'm barely a dabbler. :)

> By the way, Matthew, here is a thought: you may consider including
> multisyn in FC Extras or so, in not in the Core. After all, Open Office
> RPMs are like 200 MB or so, isn't that right?

Yeah, it's a possibility. However, Open Office has a lot broader appeal than
a few extra voices, and that's a lot of disk space on mirrors. If there's
enough demand for it, though, hey, why not.