Instalation Fedora Core 4 with nofb

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Tue Jul 5 07:25:34 UTC 2005

Am Di, den 05.07.2005 schrieb Tomás Fariña um 8:36:

No HTML formatted mails to this list please.

> The installation of FC4 worked for me with "linux nofb"; I can login
> either
> in text mode (init 3) or in graphics mode (init 5). Since it seems
> using
> nofb
> has something to do with the Frame Buffer, I would like to know why it
> is necessary.

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/x8664-multi-install-guide/s1-trouble-begin.html#S2-TROUBLE-FRAMBUFFERS

Your specific graphics card has a problem with the framebuffer mode. Not
knowing which card it isn't possible to say more.

Alexander

Serendipity 09:24:03 up 9 days, 16:16, load average: 0.67, 0.65, 0.46