FC4 ssh strangeness -- update

beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Wed Jul 6 18:03:37 UTC 2005

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 12:05:57 -0400, beartooth wrote:

> On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 11:09:02 -0700, Gordon Messmer wrote:
>
>> beartooth wrote:
>>>  [....]
>>> Is this a bug? Can I do something about it?
>>
>> It could be.  Try using different terminal programs and see which ones
>> are affected.  gnome-terminal?  xterm?  konsole?
[....]
> Maybe, if there's no easier way, I ought to add a test user, set his
> preference to KDE instead of Gnome, log out and back in, and try that ...

I thought to do the above on a different FC4 machine, where I had had the
same problem. Then I ssh'd from a KDE konsole into an FC1 machine (after
having to create the same user there; hadn't thought of that, but I like
it, of course), and started pine there. No change.

So does this establish that the problem has to be in FC4?

--
Beartooth Neo-Redneck, Linux Evangelist
FC 1&4, YDL 4; Pine 4.63, Pan 0.14.2.91; Privoxy 3.0.3;