FC3 Print Sharing SOLVED!

Steve Croteau stevecroteau at comcast.net
Fri Jul 8 22:03:32 UTC 2005

Thank you one and all, let there be print!

I think we can all safely conclude that I AM A COMPLETE BONEHEAD!

Here is what happened, it's so simple I'm totally embarrassed.

I kept saying that box #1 had 'this' IP address and box #2 had 'that' IP
address.  Well...I was backwards.  Box #1 was actually my 192.168.0.3
machine, box #2 was actually my 0.2 machine.  Like I just said, I AM A
COMLETE BONEHEAD!

The firewall is back up and "everything is beautiful"....hey what a great song
title!

I would like to thank all of you who shared in my frustration.  I now owe you
all a beer...or three.

A special "Thank you" to Mike McCarty who provided me with the command
(/sbin/ifconfig) that allowed me to discover my 'boneheadedness'.

I guess some of us just insist on learning things the hard way.

Thanks again!
Steve