Samhain(yule) Not In /usr/local/sbin

Mark Sargent powderkeg at snow.email.ne.jp
Thu Jul 14 05:53:53 UTC 2005

Hi All,

just did a an install of samhain(yule) and afterwards, when running
/usr/local/sbin/yule -P "16 digit number" it gives an error, stating the
file doesn't exist. I was following this tutorial,

http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/117702/49/

and actually, I feel there are some glaring errors. It states that the
exec file, yule, is created at /usr/local/bin, but then instructs you to
run yule from /usr/local/sbin. Is it me, or am I right about that.?
There is also no /etc/yulerc file. Here are my configurations,

./configure --enable-network=server --with-database=mysql --enable-xml-log

I got no errors with this and make and make install. Cheers.

Mark Sargent