Dial-in server with FC

M.Hockings veeshooter at hockings.net
Thu Jul 14 18:13:27 UTC 2005

Gavin Henry wrote:
>>So unless someone has a good idea how to get the modem in either of
>>these boxes to talk with Linux I'm planning on rebooting the FC3 box
>>into Windows and setting it up there.  Less reliable I know but I know
>>it can talk to the modem.
>>
>>Mike
>>
>>BTW, as a reference I saw that a modem like the Intel one sells for $12
>>with Windows drivers & extra goodies.
>

> Just grab a 3Com U.S Robotics 56K one off of ebay.
>
> If you can't find one. I'll sell you one for $18 (£10~) plus postage, as we
> have around four sitting for the next server we setup for Out-Of-Band access.

Thanks for the offer Gavin, I appreciate it but I expect that this place
would want to buy new.  On the bright side I think I may have found a
Trendware external modem in the $40 price range.  In any case I have to
put this on hold for a while and attend to some more pressing stuff
right now.

Would any of the internal USR modems be OK or just the external serial
versions?

Mike