HP LJ 1000 printer unsupported under linux?

Deboo ^ knowledgeful at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 03:17:36 UTC 2005

Hi,

Using Fedora Core 2 on an Intel P-4 with an Intel D845 Motherboard.
Using an HP LJ 1000 printer. Is this printer unsupported under linux?
I am unable to print on to this printer, either I get an error that
there is no paper, or printing just fails. I tried using lp and lpr
commands too and those fail too. Tried with cups too. Later I tried
with knoppix too but still the same errors. This printer is working
fine with Windows 2000. Can recompiling solve the problem? If yes,
then why does knoppix fail to print too?

Regards,
Deboo

--
Please don't Cc: me, I'm subscribed to the list.