Good LINUX/ Fedora Reference Books????

John Best jbest at insightbb.com
Tue Jul 19 01:54:01 UTC 2005

All,

Looking for some good reference/administration books for Fedora FC4 or
other General Fedora Info.  I find I can hack my way through most
problems, but the MAN pages are very poor at providing education on what
features or tools are available and how to get started with them.

Things I want to find out/become better educated...

SELinux - how to configure/administrate.  (I think I have some inet
services - portmapper/others that start but error out - see errors on
boot - that I would like to correct correctly.

Admin web and related services like mysql, webserver, mail server,
firewall, etc.

Understand and can use logging - Where are the logs, how to monitor the
logs, how to log more/less..

How to configure the gnome/kde menus/start menus, etc (This to me is the
most frustrating and difficult activity I have tried to hack through.)

This is not for any production/commercial use.. Just me sitting at home
on my machine wanting to figure out what more I can do...   About the
Only things I know well are a) how to update the machine via yum/up2date
and how to play games  8^)

I have played with shell scripts several years ago at work and school
and can make them work... but have yet to found a good problem to fix
with them...

Thanks for any recommendations...

John Best
jbest at insightbb.com