audit messages on shutdown

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Sat Jul 23 03:19:34 UTC 2005

When I shutdown/reboot I get a string of audit messages - these are long rows
of cryptic messages which pass by too quickly to be able to read - one part
of a line reads "unrecognized netlink message type" - there are probably
10-12 rows of this and then the shutdown continues. There are no other
indications of trouble. Can someone give me an idea of where to look for the
cause of this? I've been reading the audid man page, and looked at ausearch,
but I couldn't figured out how to use it since I don't really know what to
look for.
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA