What is the "official way" to install clamav?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0501.nospam at arcor.de
Tue Jul 26 00:03:57 UTC 2005

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 20:34:34 -0300, Martín Marqués wrote:

> > > why?
> >
> > Because it's included in the "clamav-server" package.
>
> This was not there when I first installed my MTA server with amavisd-new and
> clamd support. But now I see it.

Considering that the fedora clamav-server package exists in old fedora.us'
Red Hat Linux 8.0 repository in a much older version, I really believe it
is not a new sub-package.

> Any way, the rpm info really discourages one to use it:

What do you find discouraging?

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2005-July/msg01029.html
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/