Goodbye Fedora and hello Centos?

Richard Hubbell richard.hubbell at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 16:07:00 UTC 2005

On 7/27/05, Dave Gutteridge <dave at tokyocomedy.com> wrote:

>     I was unable to resolve my problems in reading DVD drives in Fedora
> 4. So, I decided to switch to another distribution. I saw on one site
> that the three distros being nominated for best distribution by user's
> vote were Ubuntu, CentOS, and Fedora Core. I tried Ubuntu, but the
> installer kept failing. So I went to CentOS.

I tried Ubuntu also and didn't like it, the LiveCD just didn't work.  I was also
just recently checking into CentOS, I noticed that my ISP began using
it recently
and I think that it makes a lot of sense to use CentOS over fedora for an ISP.
But each person should decide based on the facts.  Have a look here and decide
for yourself.

http://fedora.redhat.com/about/rhel.html

Richard