[FC4] Wacky swap partition label in fstab

P Jones deerfieldtech at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 10:43:38 UTC 2005

I've done two fresh FC4 installations where I've encountered this
problem; the swap file label in fstab is a bunch of gibberish. I wish
I could post what they were, but I've deleted them. Nice problem
tracking skills I have, eh? Anyway, if one opens a binary file in a
text editor, that's what I was getting. So the swap was not being
mounted or used. I had to edit fstab to use /dev/hda3 or whatever as
swap, and then it works. Anyone else seeing this?

-P