atrpms, gcc, libtool and what did i do wrong?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Jul 28 16:43:34 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 12:34:55PM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jul 2005, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > Try using smart to resolve this:
> >
> > yum install smart
> > smart update
> > smart upgrade

> > Updating cache...               ######################################## [100%]
> >
> > Computing transaction...
> >
> > Upgrading packages (32):
> >   apr                                    libgfortran
> >   apr-devel                              libgnat
> >   audit-libs                             libmudflap
> >   cpp                                    libmudflap-devel
> >   gcc                                    libobjc
> >   gcc-c++                                libstdc++
> >   gcc-gfortran                           libstdc++-devel
> >   gcc-gnat                               mgetty
> >   gcc-java                               mgetty-sendfax
> >   gcc-objc                               mgetty-viewfax
> >   gnome-panel                            mgetty-voice
> >   gnome-panel-devel                      system-config-bind
> >   libgcc                                 system-config-printer
> >   libgcj                                 system-config-printer-gui
> >   libgcj-devel                           tar
> >   libgcj-src                             util-linux
> >
> > Downgrading packages (1):
> >   libtool
> >
> > 63.6MB of package files are needed. 571.8kB will be used.
> >
> > Confirm changes? (Y/n):
>
> i just tried the above and, surprisingly, i was told "No interesting
> upgrades available", even though i know at least gcc can be upgraded.

Hm, I did the above the minute I wrote the mail. This is fc4-i386, you
are pointing smart to a repo that has the updated gcc (like
dl.atrpms.net), and have not forgotten the smart update, right?

What does smart query gcc return (see below for my output)? You could
also try smart upgrade gcc.

gcc-4.0.0-8 at i386
gcc-4.0.1-4.fc4 at i386

Saving cache...