now KDE packages can't be updated via "yum"

David Cary Hart fedora at tqmcube.com
Thu Jul 28 21:29:54 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 17:15 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jul 2005, David Cary Hart wrote:
> >
> > These are NOT official Fedora packages. Fedora maintainers cannot be
> > responsible for compatibility with third party compilations.
>
> oh, i understand that.  mine was a general nit regarding the numerous
> repos that are being created with undocumented dependencies on yet
> *other* repos.

Then I stand corrected. I though you were whining. I used these packages
in FC3 because Fedora lagged in releasing KDE 3.4. However, I recompiled
the packages to eliminate some of the arcane dependencies for things
that I'll never use.
--
Tired of spam? Do YOUR part: http://www.BoulderPledge.org
Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam: http://www.TQMcube.com/spam_trap.htm