keyboard stops working

Xiaotian Sun sun.xiaotian at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 06:43:22 UTC 2005

On 5/31/05, Xiaotian Sun <sun.xiaotian at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having a weird problem: the keyboard doesn't work any more after
> FC3 boots.  That is, I can enter CMOS and use the keyboard to change
> settings.  But once FC3 boots, keyboard stops working, no matter in
> the X mode or in the text mode.

On a closer inspection of the log, I found out that the line

kernel: input: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard on isa0060/serio0

that used to be between

kernel: mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice

and

kernel: md: md driver 0.90.1 MAX_MD_DEVS=256, MD_SB_DISKS=27

is gone.

Don't know what's going on and how to fix the problem.

Any help is appreciated.

> I'm using a normal PS/2 keyboard on a Dell Dimension 8250 computer.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Xiaotian

Xiaotian