Upgrade to FC4 from FC3 without having to re download and then burn cds and recreate partition?

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Jun 1 06:55:43 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 22:12 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:
> Jared Buck wrote:
> > Can anyone enlighten me on how I'd do a hard drive install/upgrade to
> > FC4 when it comes out?
>
> If you have a partition that will not be used for the installation, you
> make a directory and then download the iso images into that directory.
> When you start off the installation with linux askmethod or use the boot
> ISO, you give the partition and the directory where you downloaded the
> iso files to. I believe that I burned the first CD and used it to boot
> and start the installation.
>
> There might be a how to on either fedora.redhat.com or one of the
> helpful hints sites that will give a step by step account of the process.

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/x8664-multi-
install-guide/s1-steps-hd-install.html

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/x8664-multi-
install-guide/s1-begininstall-hd.html

These are from the Red Hat Enterprise Linux Install Guide, but the
process is exactly the same for Fedora.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>