MyOSS Magazine - Edition 2 Available Now

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Thu Jun 2 03:44:36 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 16:34 -0400, Claude Jones wrote:
> On Tuesday 31 May 2005 8:09 pm, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Just wanted to announce that MyOSS Magazine - Edition 2 (Oh My Gosh!
> > It's Edition 2) is now officially hitting the street. This is a
> > community driven project which aims to publish monthly.
> > (Sorry if this is considered as spam).
> >

> Ow Mun: I appreciate the notification, There's some interesting stuff, there.

Thanks. I hope in time, we don't have to resort to these sort of mails
to mailing lists so that ppl know about us. :-(

> I want to give you one heads up. Your .pdf is not very printable - I mean, it
> prints, but it took nearly 3 hours to print 36 pages on a HP8000. I've seen
> this before with certain .pdf's, some refusing to print at all. I've never
> taken the time to find out the cause - I've suspected graphics that stretched
> the capabilities of the standard because this usually happens on
> graphics-intensive publications.

Okay.. Now this is a first I've heard of. I printed a few copies on an
HP ColorLaserJet (can't remember the Model) and it came out in like 10
min.

HP LaserJet 5N also no issues.

Is this a bubblejet? Acroread/Acrobat/xpdf/gpdf?? Would be good to know
if it's the printer or the pdf or the pdf app.

What if you print a NON graphic page? How long that does take?

36 pages = 3 hours = 1 hour ~10pages = ~5 min per page??

--
Ow Mun Heng
98% Microsoft(tm) Free!!