System suddenly slowed down...

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 05:31:00 UTC 2005

On 6/1/05, Thomas Cameron <thomas.cameron at camerontech.com> wrote:
> Probably no logs.  Are you saying that the machine is instantly
> unusable?  That is really odd.  Maybe you should leave top running all
> the time?
>
> Thomas

No, I do have a minute or two before it goes unusable. As Robin
suggested, I wil go in and perform top as soon as I see any sign of
slow down. In any case, I will start to familiarize myslef with top.

I have absolutly no experience in shell scripting, but if I wanted to
write a script that would run top once every x seconds and write the
output to a log, which commands would I need? I'l go digging myself
and try to write it, but a hint as to what's available would be
helpful. I do have a little experience in php, so there is some hope.

Thanks everybody.

Dotan Cohen
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/pages/artist_albums.php/64/Beatles