Apache + Mod_BW experiences vs QoS

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Thu Jun 2 09:40:48 UTC 2005

Hi,

	I'm wondering the effectiveness of using mod_bw or mod_bwshare (which
is masked in portage) versus a solution that uses QoS for Upstream
bandwidth throttling/management.

The fact is that I'm trying to figure out which is the best method in a
virtual server environment which is hosting a couple of independent
web-sites.

Does anyone have any experience to share. My previous tests using QoS
may not be wholly applicable for virtual servers since I control it
using Port ports instead of virtual sites.

Anyone?

--
Ow Mun Heng
98% Microsoft(tm) Free!!