new email server

Bryan Hepworth bryan at redfedora.co.uk
Fri Jun 3 11:32:00 UTC 2005

>Hi folks

>I'm looking at replacing my aging RH7.3+Exim 3 + Sophos + home->grown
>scripts with a FC3+Exim 4+ Sophos + whatever.

>I'm looking at virus and SPAM filtering.  Can anyone suggest good
>configs and options.

Hi

Use RHEL 3 and RedHat 9 both run sendmail and use spamassassin and kaspersky
for the usual kak that tumbles through the mailbox. Kaspersky wasn't my
choice I was told to use it but it does work well.

If anyone is adept at the sendmail startup scripts I'd love to hear from
you. Kaspersky sets up a listener and I'd really like to get it into the
startup scripts rather than manually setting it away. Some pointers would be
most welcome.

Bry