AC'97 sound card problem

sc0ri0n sc0ri0n at comcast.net
Sat Jun 4 22:15:04 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 17:19 +0200, henry ritzlmayr wrote:
> I had exactly the same problem after upgrading.
> To solve it make sure the two options 'Headphone Jack Sense' and 'Line
> Jack Sense' are off. Then you have sound again.
>
> happy listening
>
> Henry
>
> Am Mittwoch, den 01.06.2005, 23:50 -0400 schrieb sc0ri0n:

> > > I think you need 2 of them, Master and PCM.  On mine, Master is set at
> > > about 1/3 and PCM is set at about 2/3.
> > > ____________________________________________________________________

Henry,

I checked my settings again for these two you mentioned and as I wrote
above they were already off but I did not hear anything.  Still, I kept
on trying to mute/unmute others and got noise at some point.  Then, I
muted all and started to unmute them one by one.  After a little bit
more trial-and-error, suddenly it worked!  Interestingly, it turned out
that I really just needed to have that two Muted!  Why it did not work
before is beyond me.

Thanks very much!
Adil