changing motherboards

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sun Jun 5 01:40:41 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-05 at 10:59 +1000, david smethurst wrote:
> hi all
> i am changing motherboards and cpu
> i want to keep my current load on the hard drive.
> can do a repair on it to pick up the chipsets on the board?
> both are 64bit boards and its fc3-64
> hard drive is sata and that will be the only thing which will be the
> same.
> any ideas?
> thanks
> david

My experience doing exactly that sort of thing is that it "just works" -
at least with the default fedora kernels.

kudzu takes care of everything.
Only problems I have had are when taking an old drive and putting it
into another machine was for dualbooting when the other machine already
had a linux install, things got confused because both had LABEL=/ - but
editing fstab to use /dev/whatever fixed that.