Multi Track Recording on fedora 4;

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Mon Jun 6 15:35:32 UTC 2005

mirco scaramucci wrote:
> Thanks for reply.
> On fedora 4 unfortunately Timidity hasn't got a gui and defintely more
> complicated.
> It does convert midi to wave but in real time and doens't allow saving a
> midi file as wave.
>
> Thanks anyway.
>
> Mirco

When it comes to converting files, I don't look at GUI tools.  I will
convert the files as required using the CL.  My choice as it takes
allot less time than opening a GUI to convert one or a batch of files.
  I use CL for almost everything as it is faster than any GUI.

timidity does do an output to filename with the -o option.

The question was convert files and timidity does that.

Open a terminal window, cd to the directory you want to convert and
type in the command.  If it is one or a bunch of files you are in
business.

If you search on Google, you may find a GUI front end or another program.

--
Robin Laing