tools for iRiver mp3 player

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Tue Jun 7 10:06:41 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 12:00:36PM +0200, Alexander Volovics wrote:

> Does anybody know if the available apps for iRiver iFP-8xx and/or
> iFP-9xx players like 'ifp-line/ifp-gnome' or 'libifp/ifp_gui' have
> ever been considered for inclusion in fedora extras?

I haven't yet seen a graphical "ifp-line"-using application that gets
filenames with spaces right.  So many applications just build up a
"command line" and pass it to system(), rather than building up a list
of arguments.  This is almost never the right thing to do (see
http://cyberelk.net/tim/articles/cmdline/).

That said, ifp-line itself works very well for me.  Are you
volunteering to make and maintain a Fedora Extras package of ifp-line?

Tim.
*/