Kernel lockups

Yuri Shirman shirman at korablik.dyndns.org
Tue Jun 7 17:12:22 UTC 2005

Hi,
I have intermittent kernel lockups (happens every 3-7 days).
It happens with all kernels I have on the machine, that is last 3 fedora
stock kernels. Once it happens I can only reboot the computer using Alt-
SysRq key.

I happened to be in the terminal window during one of the lockups, and
kernel gave out some info, but most of it scrolled off the screen
(nothing went to /var/log/messages). Similarly, trying to get info with
Alt-SysRq does not help because most of the info is off the screen.
I do not have an easy way to redirect this somewhere through the serial
port.

I would appreciate any help in either capturing the output of Alt-SysRq
or more generally diagnosing the problem. I would recompile the kernel
if needed for diagnostics.

Thanks,
Yuri Shirman