Complete freeze in gnome.

cafairle at engmail.uwaterloo.ca cafairle at engmail.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Jun 7 22:37:56 UTC 2005

Problems with a complete freeze. This has happened twice in two days for some
reason.
Some facts.
02:03.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4306 802.11b/g Wireless LAN
Controller (rev 03)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV36 [GeForce FX Go5700]
(rev a1)

Using ndiswrapper-1.1
Kernel is 2.6.11-1.27_FC3 recompiled with 4KSTACK off.
nVidia driver NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-7174-pkg1.run

Heres the commands I ran before the hang.
modprobe -r ndiswrapper
modprobe ndiswrapper
iwconfig <some options>
dhclient -r
dhclient wlan0

Click outside the xterm window. Frozen. Had to do a hard reboot. Crash.log shows
the /var/log/messages just prior to the hang.

2nd freeze. Very similar circumstances. See Crash2.log for the moments just
before the hang (had initiated dhclient when bam, frozen).
**Note the kernel bug in Crash2.log.. should I bug this in SF??

Any other information needed to perhaps debug this?
Chris

This mail sent through www.mywaterloo.ca