Can't Save Screenshot due to permissions

Steffen Kluge kluge at fujitsu.com.au
Wed Jun 8 08:52:50 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 08:10 +0100, Andy Green wrote:
> # ll -d /home
> drwxrwxrwx  8 root root 4096 Mar  6 16:53 /home
>
> Seems that your /home should have 777 permissions to allow
> writing/creating underneath it.

This is most certainly wrong. Your 777 permissions on /home are far too,
err, permissive.

$ rpm -qf /home
filesystem-2.2.4-1

$ rpm -qlv filesystem|grep home
drwxr-xr-x    2 root    root                0 Mar 12  2004 /home

So, it should be 755, at least in FC2 and any other Linux distro I 've
used so far. If you do "rpm -V filesystem" on your machine it should
point out the wrong permissions (M).

Cheers
Steffen.