MicroTouch (3M) touch screen on FC3

Erich Schroeder erich at museum.state.il.us
Wed Jun 8 14:11:25 UTC 2005

Hi,
   I've spent a day with a Planar touchscreen USB LCD and FC3. The kernel
correctly sees the device, identifies it, loads the mtouchusb dirver, and
puts the device under /dev/input/event2. Under X it controls the cursor,
even without loading any special drivers, but the X and Y coords seem to
be swapped and maybe rotated.

   I get the mutouch driver to load successfully in xorg, and the log file
seems to say that all the options work, event the Option "SwapXY" "True"
line, but no change in how the cursor acts.

   Has anyone on the list worked with one of these. Should I be using the
mutouch xorg driver?

Thanks in advance,

Erich

Erich Schroeder                    Phone: (217)785-0033
Curator, Learning Center           FAX:   (217)785-2857
Illinois State Museum GIS Lab      email:erich(at)illinois.state.museum
http://www.museum.state.il.us/     Linux user #18660