FC4 torrent

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Thu Jun 9 15:31:01 UTC 2005

--On Thursday, June 09, 2005 3:20 PM +0100 Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>
wrote:

> The OP was referring specifically to the torrent, not the mirror sites.
> The torrent works *better* when there are lots of people downloading it.

I dropped a suggestion on the BT developer list recently to add the ability
to use HTTP mirrors as seeds in a swarm. This would protect an old swarm
from all seeds disappearing, and better level the load on conventional
mirrors. Those of you with favorite BT clients might want to spread this
suggestion to your client's developer. Here's the thread:

<http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/bittorrent/2005-May/001440.html>