Problems making commi

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Fri Jun 10 09:17:47 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 17:23 +0900, Mark Sargent wrote:
> Andy Green wrote:

> > Mark Sargent wrote:
> > | Hi All,
> > |
> > | ok, something just not right here,
> >
> > The /usr/local qt tree has not come from Fedora, it's the tree you
> > abortively tried to compile from source.
>
> yes, I folowed the install tips,
>
> 1.  Unpack the archive if you have not done so already:
>
>         cd /usr/local
>         gunzip qt-x11-free-3.3.4.tar.gz # uncompress the archive
>         tar xvf qt-x11-free-3.3.4.tar   # unpack it
>
>     This creates the directory /usr/local/qt-x11-free-3.3.4 containing the
>     files from the main archive.
>
>     Rename qt-x11-free-3.3.4 to qt (or make a symlink):
>
>         mv qt-x11-free-3.3.4 qt
>
>     The rest of this file assumes that Qt is installed in /usr/local/qt.
>
> >   Unless you got to the end of
> > that and are running qt libs compiled from that, you need to forget
> > about it.
>
> well, I ran ./configure from within /usr/local/qt and then it states at
> the bottom of that, to run /usr/bin/gmake. This is where I think I
> messed up. I ran /usr/bin/gmake, but, I should have just ran make,
> followed my make install..that line at the bottom after the initial
> ./configure was/is misleading...currently running make now from within
> /usr/local/qt...this should correct it..sorry for the pain...lol..
>

> > You need the kde-libs-devel package to compile the thing, it includes
> > various helper apps.
>
> ok, I thought the qt-devel. suggested by Paul Howarth, would give the
> same result...

My post addressed only the "missing qt" issue. Andy actually went to the
trouble of building commi and checking what the actual dependencies
were. So it's best to follow his advice on this. The Qt libraries you
tried compiling yourself in /usr/local are not needed because you have
the official Fedora Qt libraries installed. So I would suggest just
deleting any of the Qt stuff still lying around in /usr/local.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>