FC4-Test3 and upcoming official release.

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Fri Jun 10 18:43:20 UTC 2005

Am Fr, den 10.06.2005 schrieb nethub at gmail.com um 20:34:

> Not that I know much about the final release of Fedora Core 4 but I have
> used yum to upgrade many many Red Hat-based systems without issues.  You
> really should have no problem unless Red Hat puts something in FC4 that
> prevents yum from upgrading properly.

Ever checked for duplicated packages after the upgrade? Did a yum
upgrade from a clean but used FC2 system to FC3 and had lots of them.
Other things may occur too which are much better to be handled by
anaconda.

Alexander

P.S. http://www-personal.ksu.edu/~seabra/linux/FedoraRules.html
  --> 4. IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO A MESSAGE --> "no top posting, please!"

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.27_FC2smp
Serendipity 20:40:48 up 17 days, 19:18, load average: 1.05, 0.86, 0.59