optimization FC4 for AMD

Tony Nelson tonynelson at georgeanelson.com
Sat Jun 11 21:27:47 UTC 2005

At 1:32 PM -0700 6/11/05, Pete Lancashire wrote:
>Is their a how-to/guid to rebuild the kernel for AMD ?

1) I'd be interested as well.  Actually, I've been drowning in advice from
the 'net.

2) Why rebuild?  Do you expect a performance increase?  Is your kernel time
enough that any significant saving is possible?  The prevailing wisdom
seems to be that there isn't much to be gained, especially as AMD tries to
make their processors less peaky, while Intel's P4 took years of compiler
tweaks to get good performanc from.